GAME, set and match – that's how it appears in the Costcutter League with Llandysul racing towards the Division One title and the remainder toiling behind.

A 5-0 win over Cilgerran Rovers at Parc y Dre left the Swallows 11 points clear of second in the table Newcastle Emlyn and very few would envisage the pacesetters slipping up, especially as all five of their remaining games –against St Dogmaels, Dewi Stars, Newcastle Emlyn, Bargod Rangers and Aberaeron Reserves are all on their Llandysul Park stamping ground.

After his charges retained their unbeaten record manager Chris Coco Davies said: "It is now for us to lose the title. We are playing really well and it would be nothing short of disastrous if we let it slip."

To their credit Rovers never gave up but with Terry Maynard and Ben Thomas pulling the strings in midfield for the visitors and Scott Thomas a handful up front it was a bit of a losing battle for the Coraclemen.

Ben Thomas with a first-rate finish nudged the visitors in front, outstanding midfielder Adrian Hazzelby doubled the advantage and Maynard turned on a sixpence inside the area before slotting home the third before halftime.

As the visitors continued to rule the roost during the second period Scott Thomas made it 4-0 and defender Mark Jones fired home from distance to make it a nap hand.

An interesting and impressive statistic is that the champions-elect have netted 61 away goals.

Reigning champions Cardigan Town went ahead three times against Dewi Stars at Llanddewi Brefi but the Magpies had to settle for a share of the spoils in a 3-3 draw.

Sixteen-year-old Rupert Geddes in his first game for Stars netted twice and Stefan Owen was also on target while for the visitors Ewan Jones bagged a brace and Josh Mellor was also on target.

Crannog kept alive their hopes of finishing runners-up with a 3-0 win over New Quay at the Urdd Centre where Mathew Smith, Mark Davies and Gary Davies were the marksmen.

Two goals apiece for James Davies and Rhys Davies gave Felinfach a 4-1 win over Aberaeron Reserves in a relegation battle at Square Field where Huw Owen netted for the Black and Ambers.