When Pencader sprang a 5-1 win over title aspirants St Dogmaels six weeks ago there were those who put it down to a bad day at the office for Saints.

     But the Reds showed there was no fluke about that upset by coming out on top 3-2 on their opponents’ own School Field stamping ground.

     A second defeat for the Teifi Estuary villagers in the weeks ahead will inevitably mean they will face a big task maintaining a championship push.

     Saints were without five regulars for the game that went ahead in atrocious underfoot conditions.

     The outcome hinged on a controversial decision by Cardigan referee Paul Jones near the end when he ruled out what many believed was a certain penalty after home striker Ioan Owen was upended while bearing down on goal.

    Saints manager Steve Jerry Williams said “It was a terrible decision Afterwards he admitted he’d made a mistake but that did not help us.”

     After Jones waived penalty appeals the visitors broke and at the other end Dean Jones beat two defenders before firing past Arran Walters who was deputising for his unavailable brother Casey.

     Dan Bellis fired Saints in front midway through the opening 45 minutes but it was all square again before half time after Dan James netted from long range.

     A penalty for the home side converted by Steff Davies and a goal for Pencader by Ceri Rees made it 2-2 before the late drama.

     Lampeter Town regained the leadership after a hard-earned but deserved 3-1 win over Crannog at the Urdd Centre.

     For the visitors who led by a solitary goal at the break central midfielder and skipper Marc Evans, left winger Jason Jones and midfield pocket dynamo Gareth Edwards were the marksman while Tom Belotti replied for the coastal villagers.

     Maesglas made a round trip of 200 miles to take on Spar Mid Wales League outfit Presteigne in round two of the Central Wales Cup and were in contention at 2-2 after 90 minutes.

     But the Blues leaked five goals in extra time against a classy Powys side that should have been out of sight long before the end of normal time but missed a hatful of clear-cut chances.

     Striker Peter Almond netted twice for the Cardigan visitors who were indebted to goalkeeper and skipper Rhodri Jones for a string of saves that were right out of the top drawer.