GOODWICK United's hopes of reaching the quarter-finals of the West Wales Intermediate Cup ended as they slipped to a narrow defeat 1-0 at Carmarthenshire Premier League leaders Pontlliw.

After a goalless first half Adam Scott netted what proved to be the winner soon after the restart, and despite the best efforts of Chris O’Sullivan’s side they were unable to force an equaliser.

There was Pembrokeshire success in the competition as Hakin United roared to a 5-0 win against West End at Pryderi Park Stadium, with Nicky Woodrow leading the way with a well-taken hat-trick.

The West Wales Premier League side were 4-0 down at half-time, with two goals each from Woodrow and Shane Walsh, and Woodrow completed his treble to take Hakin into the last eight.

Carew also notched a convincing win with a 4-0 triumph over Swansea Senior League division one side Waunarlwydd Galaxy, after Spencer Williams had opened the scoring with a superb strike.

James Hinchliffe doubled the lead from close range and in the second half goals from Adam Muskett ensured that the 2019 finalists went into the draw for the quarter finals of the competition.

With leaders Goodwick United in cup action, Merlins Bridge missed an opportunity to climb top of the table as St Ishmaels came from two goals down to secure a precious point in a 2-2 draw.

New signing Jordan Richards opened the scoring early on for the visitors and Sam Christopher doubled the lead before the break, only to be pegged back by Tish's second half fightback.

Joel Morgan pulled one back midway through the first half and a minute later Kieran Rendell equalised to secure a share of the spoils, leaving Merlins Bridge level on points with the leaders.

Elsewhere in division one, third-placed Monkton Swifts hit back to to register a battling 3-1 win over Kilgetty at Monkton Lane, after Steve Thomas had fired the visitors into the lead early on.

The Swifts equalised early in the second half through Paul Miller and further goals from Declan Carroll and Ben Steele secured them the three points in the closing 10 minutes of the game.

Clarbeston Road won 6-3 against Pennar Robns at Bush Cam,p with Ben John scoring an excellent first half hat-trick as the visitors had raced into a commanding 4-1 lead at the interval.

Steff Williams also hit back of net, but Pennar hit back through goals either side of the interval by Phil Thompson, and an own goal saw them right back in the game when trailing 4-3.

Jake Booth found the back of the net for Clarby and skipper Rheinallt George completed the Road’s fifth win of the season, as Pennar slipped to their eighth league defeat of the season.

Elsewhere two goals from Corey Richards sealed a 4-1 win for Neyland at St Clears, with Leon Barrett and Max Bowman-Davies on scoresheet. Jon Seeley netted a late penalty in reply.