A threat to the future of football in the Costcutter League increased at the weekend when clubs again experienced difficulty mustering sufficient players to fulfil fixtures.

Even team of the season Division One unbeaten runaway leaders St Dogmaels were without five regulars for the Cwpan Coffa Dai Dynamo Davies round one tie against Felinfach in the Teifi Estuary village.

Cardigan Town had only nine players for the Division One away game against Lampeter Town where the visitors went down 4-0.

Fellow townies and Division Two pacesetters Maesglas barely managed to put out a side to take on visitors Crannog of Division One in a Cwpan Dai tie at Maes Radley where the Blues were buried under a 15-goal avalanche.

Referee Llyr Evans spared the homesters further embarrassment when calling an early halt to proceedings.

The loyal fan at School Field in St Dogmaels who shouted: "It's a walk in the park" got it absolutely right as his favourites turned on the style in their 7-0 win over Felinfach.

The Milkmen had won their latest three league and cup games but found it a far different kettle of fish at School Field where they were comprehensively outplayed and the only surprise was that the home side failed to score more goals.

Despite a depleted line-up the north Pembrokeshire villagers controlled matters virtually throughout with goalkeeper Casey Walters called on only twice in 90 minutes.

Blustery conditions made it difficult for both teams, but Saints got the ball down and produced attractive one-touch football that left the visitors well beaten.

For the high-flyers, who led 4-0 after the opening 45 minutes, Chris Morgan hit a hat-trick and the other marksmen were Rhys Jones, Adam Williams, Louis Harding and Aled Rees.

In the Easter Monday League Cup second in the table Llandysul won 4-0 against league basement boys Bargod Rangers despite the Swallows being reduced to nine men during the second half after two players were red-carded.

Goalkeeper Nathan Jones was sent packing after the referee booked him for an unfair tackle in a one-to-one situation and Zack Morgan was dismissed for remarks to the referee.

Dean Jones, who was on the scoresheet, also pulled off a penalty save after taking over between the sticks.

The other goals came from Lewis Jones and Mathew Newbold before half time and Jessie Clayton during the second half to retain their side's unbeaten tag since the start of September.

The nine Cardigan players who visited North Road in Lampeter, including super veteran Justin Evans, turned in a battling performance and it was goalless at half time.

As the visitors tired during the second period the reigning league champions began to spray the ball about with confidence and goals followed through skipper Marc Evans, Christy Gale, Richard Thomas (penalty) and Jason Jones.