HAVERFORDWEST County's end of season slump continued in the Cymru Premier, with back-to-back 2-0 defeats to Cardiff Met and Flint Town United.

Wayne Jones' side have dropped to eighth place in the table, ahead of their trip to face Aberystwyth Town at Park Avenue on Tuesday night.

The Bluebirds then sign off their campaign with home matches against Newtown on Saturday and Cefn Druids the following weekend.

Jones admitted that the inexperience of his squad may be starting to show, following another jaded couple of end of season performances.

The manager could have few complaints about battling Flint taking the spoils with a deserved 2-0 success at Essity Stadium last weekend.

Josh Amis and Alex Jones netted either side of the interval, to make the Bluebirds pay for Jack Wilson's miss after going through one-on-one.

With just keeper Jon Rushton to beat, the Haverfordwest teenager struck the outside of the post in what was to be their best chance of the game.

Minutes later, a finely weighted ball from Jake Hampson was met by Josh Amis, who got in front of keeper Wojciech Gajda to head home.

In added time, Sam Hart's delivery from a corner was turned goalwards by Ben Nash and Evan Gumbs fired the ball over from close range.

Three minutes into the second half, however, Hampson broke down the right, turned the visitors fullback inside out, before he was chopped down.

The youngster stepped up to deliver an inch-perfect cross from the set piece, which was headed superbly into the far corner of the net by Alex Jones.

There was no way back for Haverfordwest, despite creating a few free kicks and corners, with the Flint defence being generally untroubled.

Indeed, it was Hampson who almost had the final say, when he burst through and saw a left footed shot creep just the wrong side of the post.

Four days earlier, Haverfordwest had lost 2-0 at The Meadow, after a second half strike from Eliot Evans and an own goal from Cameron Keetch.

Chris Baker and Evans had been denied by keeper Gajda, but at the other end Ben Fawcett was denied by keeper Alex Lang from point blank range.

After the break, Keetch hammered a 20 yard shot, which Lang pushed around the post, and Dan Summerfield went close following a corner.

Around the hour mark, however, Matthew Chubb squared a pass to the unmarked Evans, who took a touch before slotting in from 10 yard out.

Haverfordwest were still reeling when, 10 minutes later, an Evans corner was diverted into his own net by Keetch to double the visitors' lead.

The visitors held on for a comfortable win in the end – and it is now just one win in eight league matches for the off-colour Bluebirds.