After the Costcutter League Division One game between Ffostrasol and leaders St Dogmaels was postponed due to heavy and persistent rain making the Troedyrhiw strip unplayable, the pacesetters will not be in action for the next few weeks.

The situation has arisen after the league management opted not to arrange fixtures for the next two Saturdays while the Boxing Day encounter with Cardigan Town is postponed after the Magpies decided to nominate the holiday game at School Field as their one game a season postponement entitlement.

It is also frustrating for the Cardis who were without a game on Saturday and will be sidelined until the last Saturday of the year, provided the league arranges fixtures on that day.

Three games went ahead, including the clash between bottom of the pile Bargod Rangers and second-placed reigning champions Lampeter Town in Drefach Felindre.

To their credit the Parc Puw men put up a brave showing but were no match for the visitors who reduced the gap at the top between themselves and Saints.

Despite dominating virtually throughout the opening 45 minutes Town had only one goal to show for their superiority, the strike provided by 26-year-old speedy front-runner Gethin Hunter.

The North Road striker, who during his younger days excelled at the oval ball game when winning Welsh junior caps, netted a further two goals to complete his hat-trick and the other goal came via Gethin Edwards.

Afterwards Town player/manager Terry Witts said “We missed a lot of chances but we are getting things together. I was especially pleased with another clean sheet.”

The battle of two clubs in the bottom half of Division One went the way of Llanboidy who pulled off a 4-3 away win over Felinfach in a tense and action-packed contest.

The west Carmarthenshire visitors roared into a 4-0 lead at the interval with goals by Ellis Williams, Tomos Jones who was twice on target and Chris Bowen.

The Milkmen replied tellingly during the second period when netting three times and then missed a penalty when Llanboidy goalkeeper Bleddyn Williams kept out the spot kick to keep his side in front.

A league layoff over the next couple of weeks could benefit Llandysul who have been seriously affected by injuries with some players going into games carrying knocks.

The Swallows were pushed to the limit by relegation-haunted Aberaeron Reserves before springing a 3-2 win at Llandysul Park.

Evan Shon fired the Swallows ahead after good work by James Hartley, Craig Harries doubled the advantage with a solo effort and with five minutes remaining midfielder Lewis Jones came up with the winner.