Four Costcutter League clubs go into the hat for the quarter-final draw in the J Emrys Morgan Cup due to be made by the Central Wales FA this week.

It is 25 years since Newcastle Emlyn lifted the coveted trophy but the Reds are on course to repeat the feat of season 1991-92 after lowering the colours of Crannog 5-1 after extra time at Parc Emlyn.

Owain Thomas's charges have not tasted defeat since the opening day of the term when going down narrowly against reigning Division One champions Llandysul in a game many felt they could and should have won.

A big test for the high-flyers comes this Saturday when they tackle on-form St Dogmaels at School Field in a game expected to draw a sizeable crowd.

After a goalless opening 45 minutes Rhys Davies fired the coastal villagers ahead but with 16 minutes remaining Daniel Jones blasted home a

free kick to put the homesters back on level terms.

That's how it remained until extra time when goals by Ashley Summers (2), Adrian Hazzelby and Jake Kelly showed Emlyn the way to the next round.

League leaders Lampeter Town made the long trek to deepest Powys pay dividends as the North Road cup fighters emerged 2-0 winners over Newtown Wanderers of the JT Hughes Montgomeryshire League.

Town looked rather off colour early on as if they were still on the team coach but they settled and ruled the roost for most of the contest.

Midfielder Marc Evans headed the visitors ahead before the break and 16-year-old winger Liam Holmes finished with aplomb to put his side through.

Ffostrasol may be finding it tough going in the league but Wanderers are in the last eight of a competition they last won in season 1974-75 when beating Llanfechain in the final.

After falling behind Ffostrasol refused to panic and pulling out all the stops bounced back to spring a 3-2 win over Rhayader Reserves of the Mid Wales League South at Troedyrhiw Park.

Ivan Lloyd opened the scoring for the home side, Adrian Jones made it 2-2 with 20 minutes remaining and Gwynfor Bowen fired into the bottom corner in the final minutes.

Also through to the last eight are Felinfach who belied their lowly league position by pulling off a surprise 4-2 away win over Builth Wells

Reserves of the Mid Wales League South.

Inspirational midfielder Rhys Jones netted twice for the Milkmen and the other marksmen were Josh Roper and Joe Jenkins.

The other two Costcutter clubs were knocked out as Dewi Stars lost 2-1 at home against Forden United and Cilgerran Rovers went down 6-2 against visitors Tregaron Turfs.

On the league front St Dogmaels improved their hopes of lifting the title for the first time since season 2006-07 after emerging 5-3 winners

over visitors Cardigan Town.

Both sides were worthy of credit in overcoming a high wind and very difficult underfoot conditions to provide entertaining fare.

The School Field strip cut up badly long before the final whistle and it remains to be seen if it will be fit for the top of the table clash with

Newcastle Emlyn this Saturday.

It was 2-2 after the opening 45 minutes but Saints got on top after the interval and despite a battling performance by their neighbours were worthy winners.

For the Teifi Estuary villagers there were goals for young striker Louis Harding, Peter Almond, Iwan Owen and impressive central midfielder

Adam Williams, the latter netting twice from the penalty spot. Jack Thomas and Ben Davies (2) were on target for the Magpies who had Josh Mellor sent off for comments to referee Rhys Steadman.

Llandysul were given a run for their money during the first half against Aberaeron Reserves at Square Field but the visitors brought on

substitute Simon Davies after an injury layoff for the second period and he netted twice as the Swallows won 6-2.

After falling behind Josh Baker netted his tenth goal of the campaign to square matters and the other visiting marksmen were Sion Mason-Evans, Josh Hattie and Scott Jones.