NEWCASTLE Emlyn bounced back from their opening Mid Wales League West defeat to Tregaron Turfs with a 3-2 home win over Dyffryn Banw in the ER Jenkins Cup.

First half goals from Ethan Bockmann and Carwyn Thomas gave the home team a 2-0 lead at the interval, with Jack Jones reducing the deficit for the visiting team.

Emlyn clinched the win with an 87th minute goal by Lucian Evans, with Gerallt Davies scoring a last minute consolation for Banw.

In the same competition, Aberaeron were were 2-1 home winners against Tregaron Turfs, with both goals coming from Sam Middleton.

William Williams replied, before a last minute altercation saw Aeron keeper Casey Walters and Rhodri Jones for the visitors sent off.

Meanwhile Berriew marched on the FAW Trophy with Richard Davies' 76th minute strike settling a 3-2 win at home to Llanfair United.

Josh Astley maintained his bright form by breaking the deadlock early for United before the hosts levelled through Davies.

Marc Jones gave Berriew the lead after the break only for Astley to level for Llanfair but the Rhiewsiders were not to be denied and Davies' second sealed their place in the third round.

Tywyn Bryncrug caused a shock with goals from Nick Williams, Aston Heath and Iwan Richards settling a 3-0 win at Bow Street whose miserable day was compounded with the dismissal of Steffan Richards.

Meanwhile Elliot Morris was the match winner as Radnor Valley battled to a 3-2 win at Builth Wells.

Morris gave the Goats the lead only for Greg Preece to level with Valley restoring their lead through Geraint Lloyd before Aeron Powell equalised on half-time.

The second-half proved just as tight before Morris struck the winner with 15 minutes remaining.

The ties between Caersws and Llansantffraid and the scheduled meeting between Four Crosses and Welshpool Town were both cancelled.

Kerry's tough start to life in the Ardal North East League continued with an 8-0 drubbing at home to Rhos Aelwyd.

Scott Reeves and Luke Williams led the rout with doubles while Dafydd Robertson, James Rumsey, Dan Roberts and James Haynes completed the drubbing.

Carno led through Kieran Mulloch before succumbing to a 3-1 defeat at home to Penycae with Austin Owen starring with a hat-trick for the Wrexham visitors.

Dafydd Williams was also a hat-tick hero as Dolgellau AAA overcame derby rivals Penparcau 3-2 who stayed in contention through a Sam Davies strike and Dion James own goal.

Craig Evans starred for Brecon Corries with a four goal haul in their 7-0 thumping of Montgomery Town in the MMP-NL Mid Wales League East.

Joel Evans added a double with Corey Evans also netting as the Corries toasted an emphatic victory.

Waterloo Rovers were also among the goals in a 5-1 win at Hay St Marys.

Jake Mann starred with two goals for the Welshpool side with Tom Ellis, Gareth Turner and Shaun Roberts also netting while Harry Ratcliffe reduced the arrears.

Rhayader Town Reserves shared a goalless draw at home to Penparcau Reserves in the FAW Reserve Central League, while Llandrindod Wells Reserves' clash with Dolgellau AA Reserves was cancelled.

Machynlleth eased past Barmouth and Dyffryn United to seal their place in the third round of the FAW Trophy on Friday night.

Bryn McGilligan-Oliver's 14th minute goal broke the deadlock before second-half goals from Harry Cottam, Sean Davies and a Jac Petrie double sealed a 5-0 win.

Martyn Ziemann led the scoring with a hat-trick as Bishop's Castle Town completed a 5-1 win at home to Newtown Wanderers in MMP-NL Mid Wales League East.

Sam Jones and George Mellor completed the scoring while Wanderers reduced the arrears through a Sam Williams strike.

Goals continue to flow in the FAW Reserve Central League with 18 scored in just two fixtures.

Guilsfield Reserves stormed to a 9-2 win at home to Berriew Reserves, with Gareth Mansell leading the rout with four goals.

Owen Rothwell came off the bench to net twice while goals from Ed Baker, Huw McGrath and Matthew Leoni cancelled out replies from Lawrence Cross and Xavier Matisse.

Llanidloes Town Reserves stormed to a 6-1 win at home to 10 man Four Crosses Reserves.

Kai Evans led the scoring with two goals while Gregg Brown, Jensen Jones, Finn Gaca and Rhys Evans completed the scoring for the Daffodils.

Luke Jones reduced the arrears for the villagers who saw Owen Aspinall dismissed.

Caersws Reserves also opened their campaign with a 2-2 draw at home to Penrhyncoch Reserves on Thursday night.

The Bluebirds led with Ryan Jehu and Oliver Vaughan on target, but the Roosters hit back through George Jones, before Jac Horwood completed the comeback.