TEIFI Valley Motor Club team Neil Williams and Sion Jones celebrated an impressive win in the Dixies Challenge Rally recently.

Neil, from Cardigan, along with his navigator Sion, who was sitting with Neil for the first time, took to the famous stages of the Epynt Ranges for the second round of the Welsh Historic Championship.

Dry condition greeted the crews for the first six stages of the day, but a slight drizzle later on made conditions difficult for the final five. This didn’t seem to hinder the crew of Neil and Sion as they won their class by a margin of three minutes and 20 seconds to the second placed crew in the Welsh Historic class. Stage times during the day were as consistent as clockwork with the crew setting either third or fourth fastest times on all section during the day.

This meant that they were in the mix with some modern WRC spec cars for the overall position in the event. They succeeded in finishing fourth overall, just two seconds behind the third, which was a fantastic achievement for the crew and a testament to the preparation of their car.

This fantastic result follows on from Neil’s opener of the season in Bovington, Dorset which was the first round of the RAC Historic Rally Championship. Neil finished that event eighth overall and second in his class by 21 seconds. His next event will be a part of this championship on June 4, again at the ranges of Epynt.

Border 100

The Border 100 rally took place at the end of April run by Welsh Border CC. Although this was not a round of the Welsh Road Rally Championship, it still attracted a host of top crews from across the country to battle it out on the roads near Welshpool.

A competitive rally with very dry conditions on the evening made it enjoyable for the competitors.

The best placed Teifi Valley member was Dafydd Sion Lloyd who finished sixth overall and fourth in the Masters class. Dafydd also walked away with the best placed navigator under 21.

Harlech Stages

Two crews from TVMC made their way to the Harlech Stages. There was no luck for either crew on the event where driver Dan Morris with his navigator Dan Irving failed to finished with a broken water hose that resulted in electrical issues for the car. Huw Morris along with his navigator for the day, Chris Hand, were running well and finished the event, but a time penalty of 15 minutes pushed them down to 40th overall.