Producing a performance that did credit to the Costcutter League, newly-crowned champions Llandysul completed a fabulous double with a 3-1 win over Powys outfit Berriew Reserves in the J Emrys Morgan Cup Final at Penrhyncoch.

And after their heroics to date it could prove imprudent to wager against the Swallows also lifting the Bay Cup and going through the league programme unbeaten.

As was the case in the semi-final against Waterloo Rovers the Teifisiders trailed their opponents but again showed tremendous resilience in bouncing back and taking command during the second period.

Delighted manager Chris 'Coco' Davies said: "I was really proud of the lads who again showed huge character and they never know when they are beaten. When they fell a goal behind there was no panic and they got what they deserved."

The spirit in the team was typified by two-goal Adrian Hazzelby who turned an ankle in the opening ten minutes but soldiered on. Unfortunately he suffered heavy swelling and could be out of action for the next few games.

Although it was essentially a team effort by Llandysul special mention should be made of winger and man-of-the-match Scott Thomas who turned in a five-star performance while skipper Ian Barrett and Terry Maynard were dominant in midfield.

On a slippery Cae Baker surface Berriew enjoyed the larger share of possession during the opening 45 minutes and went ahead midway through when Mike Henderson-Smith tapped home from six yards after the ball rebounded to him from goalkeeper John Durbridge who denied striker Josh Gethin.

The Swallows came more into the game towards the end of the half when Berriew goalkeeper Steve Rowlands pulled off a number of saves but the custodian could do nothing to prevent Scott Thomas scoring a goal of real brilliance.

The wide player went on a mazy run from halfway, left four would-be tacklers in his wake and finished in great style to the delight of his colleagues and the sizeable Llandysul contingent.

After a halftime pep talk from the boss the Swallows kept the ball far better and deservedly took the lead through Adrian Hazzelby who netted at the far post after the spadework was done by Maynard.

Ten minutes later it was over bar the shouting after Scott Thomas set up Hazzelby to nod home his second and his side's third goal.

League Cup finalists Crannog reached the Cwpan Coffa Dai Dynamo Davies final with a 5-0 win over St Dogmaels at Lampeter.

A week previously Saints defeated the coastal villagers 2-0 in a league encounter but were forced to play second fiddle this time around as their opponents roared into the final and a clash with Felinfach on Monday, May 1

Not for the first time in a momentous season for Crannog striker George Colven stole the limelight with superb all-round performance and four goals.

During the semi-final Saints were hit by injuries to central defenders Chris Thomas and Jason Williams, central midfielder Adam Williams and striker Rhys Jones, which obviously had a big bearing on the outcome.

It was nip and tuck for the first quarter but Colven was proving a real handful and after opening the scoring also got the next three goals before midfielder Mark Davies netted the fifth.

On the league front Aberaeron Reserves are virtually safe after a 3-2 win over New Quay at Parc Arthur which left the Seasiders second from bottom.

With three games outstanding Quay are a point behind Felinfach who have five games remaining and it appears likely that one of them will accompany almost doomed Bargod Rangers in the drop.

Ffostrasol return to the top flight next term after Wanderers clinched the Division Two title with a 5-2 win over Aberporth at Troedyrhiw Park.