CARDIGAN are building up a head of steam before the WRU National Bowl semi-final clash with unbeaten Amman United at Lampeter a week on Saturday.

The Cardis put themselves in line for the League 3 West A title and promotion with a 46-10 win over understrength visitors Laugharne who could not match the all-round ability of the home side.

It was 24-10 and game over before the interval as tries came via flanker Gareth Clifford, fullback Alun Jenkins, No. 8 Colin Davies and centre Marcus Castle with outside half Iestyn Crompton landing two conversions.

Tom Jameson landed an early penalty for the visitors and converted a try by flanker Mike Williams.

With Cardigan holding sway after halftime hooker Aled Phillips, Castle, who went over twice to complete a hat-trick, and skipper Llyr Griffiths who came on as a replacement were try scorers and Llyr Jones landed two conversions.

When Championship leaders Pontypool visited the Teifi Valley back in October they were given quite a contest by Newcastle Emlyn in a 23-18 defeat for the homesters.

But it was an entirely different kettle of fish in the return as Pooler emerged 53-5 winners and after 18 wins on the bounce put themselves within 80 minutes of the title and promotion to the Premiership.

After outside half Mathew Jones opened their account with a straightforward penalty it was very much plain sailing for Pooler who led 36-5 after the opening 40 minutes.

During the first half the homesters got tries through right-winger Nathan Brooks (2), hooker Alex Watkins, fly-half Jones and lock Richard East.

During the second period Pooler scored further tries through left winger Rhodri Usher, Brooks and Aaron Quick.

Emlyn replied with a try by No. 8 Brynmor Jones but it was a case of too little and too late.

Crymych had difficulty putting together a side for the League 1 West away clash against bottom of the pile Loughor and the makeshift visitors went down 29-12.

When the rivals met in north Pembrokeshire back in October the Preselimen won with something to spare but they were second best on this occasion.

Loughor led 12-0 at halftime thanks to tries by No. 8 Michael White and fullback Jamie George, one of which was converted by scrum-half Tom Davies.

White and George repeated their scoring feats during the second period with Davies landing a conversion and penalty.

Rhys Davies got two tries and landed a conversion for the visitors.