Spate of home fires sparks warning

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service is urging the public to take extra care in the home after a number of house fires over the last week.

Local fire crews attended a kitchen fire on Sunday afternoon in Newport. One man sustained slight burns to his hands and was treated by paramedics at the scene.

Gwyn Lewis, Community Safety Manager, said: “The service has attended a large number of kitchen fires over the last few days and we want to remind everyone of the importance of being safety conscious in the home. You can request a Free Home Fire Safety Check by calling 0800 169 1234.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree