Cyngor Cymuned Aberporth Community Council Page 1 (1) The December meeting of the above named community council was held at Aberporth Village Hall on Tuesday 14th December 2010 at 6:30pm.
Cllr Helen Green chaired the meeting until the arrival of Cllr Gethin James at 7:15pm.
Present: Cllr Helen Green, Cllr Gethin James, Cllr Hywel Evans, Cllr Jann Tucker, Cllr June Allen, Cllr Anne McCreary, Cllr Mike Rennolf, Cllr Gwynfor Harries, Mrs Vanessa Owens and Mrs Sue Lewis 1. Apologies/Personal matters Ymddiheuriadau/Materion Personol (2) Apologies were received from Cllr Colin Evans and Cllr Richard Williams.
Congratulations were expresses to Cllr Anne McCreary on the birth of her grandson and wished them all well.
2. To disclose personal and pecuniary interests in items of business listed below Datgelu diddordeb personol ac ariannol dan eitemau busnes sydd wedi eu rhestru isod 3. Confirmation and signing of previous minutes Cadarnhau a llofnodi cofnodion y cyfarfod diwethaf (3) Cllr Hywel Evans proposed that the minutes of the previous meeting be accepted as an accurate record, this was seconded by Cllr Gwynfor Harries and passed unanimously. The minutes were signed accordingly.
4. Financial business Busnes Ariannol (4) Items agreed for payment: £130.00 E A Owens £590.48 Inland Revenue £373.69 D E Owen & Son £14.99 J N Mitchell £106.00 SLCC membership £31.20 SV Owens £757.50 S Thomas £101.57 Swallow Office £158.63 CCC Playground inspection charges £275.00 CCC Playground Inspection course £3.75 R Jones & M Morgans £175.30 Income from raffle at pensioners lunch 5. Reports Addroddiadau Clerks Report/Adroddiad y Clerc (5) The To Do list was reviewed.
(6) Wales Rural Observatory Service Questionnaire has been completed and returned.
(7) New bank signatory forms were signed.
(8) Information was received inviting applications to BT Community Connections; it was agreed to apply again this year for a computer for the food co-operative market.
(9) The xmas tree for Dyffryn gardens was enormous this year; thank you to everyone who helped put it up especially Eurig, Dyffryn Farm, who was called out last minute on Sunday afternoon and brought the manitu to help lift it into place.
Beaches/ Traethau (10) Cllr Jann Tucker noted that our contractor had cut back the bank on Dolwen beach but had not cleared the debris and felt that it looked untidy.
Signed______________________________________________________________ Date________________ Minutes Ref:29 Page 2 Planning/Cynllunio (11) The observations of the planning committee were noted: A100940 Erection of car port and balconies The Old Post Office, Aberporth No objections A100901 Conversion of existing commercial building to 4 holiday units Old Coast Windows Building, Brynwawr, Aberporth and A100902 Erection of 9 bedroom guest house with staff accommodation site at Brynywawr, Aberporth No objections in support of development A100903 Erection of a porch Min-y-Don, Aberporth No objections Finance/Cyllido (12) Finance sheet provided (13) The Clerk reported that two of the lamps at Dyffryn garden are beyond repair and need replacing. The cost of undertaking this work was discussed and it was agreed that it would be looked at in line with end of year budget and precept calculations for next year.
(14) A finance meting was agreed for the 4th January at 6:30pm to discuss budgets and precept for next year.
Highways/Priffyrdd (15) The 40mph speed restriction along the A487 and B4333 is now in place; 30mph restrictions now apply on Llwyncoed Rd and Almora Road.
(16) The 20mph speed restriction and double yellow lines proposals have gone through cabinet and will be implemented as soon as possible.
(17) Cllr Gethin James raised problems with mud on the road at the Felinwynt junction and the county council have installed bollards to prevent vehicles crossing the grass verge.
(18) Copy of letter to Ceredigion County Council was received from Mr Hebblethwaite regarding problems at Rhosygadair junction. Cllr James has spoken with the county and funding is available to do drawings in this financial year; a proposed scheme can then be priced for consideration in line with Highways budgets.
(19) Cllr Mike Rennolf provided a comprehensive report on the completed questionnaires from Blaenporth residents. The main concerns were linked with speeding and requesting restrictions in a number of areas. Cllr Rennolf requested that the community council press the county on these matters and consider allocating £10,00 from reserves to fund the traffic orders. It was agreed that we should contact the Trunk Road Agency again with respect to the A487.
The issue of providing grit bins was discussed and whilst these are available to purchase from the county council concerns were raised about liability. Cllr Gethin James informed the meeting that the county council have held discussions regarding one off grit drops in required areas if the weather continues; it was agreed that if this did happen that Cllr James would request grit in Bowls Road.
(20) Letter received from Mrs Weeks, Brynhelyg noting her concerns about the Safe Routes in Communities scheme.
Streetlighting/Golau stryd (21) Have requested SWALEC to install lamp at Llaindelyn and repair lamp at the youth club.
(22) Cllr Jann Tucker reported the lamp out down from Arael.
(23) Have reported lamps out in Felin Rd and New Rd.
(24) Letter received from Mr & Mrs Craig at the Post office/Chemist raising concerns about safety at their premises due to current streetlighting layout. Have spoken with them and they would like to have a lamp opposite their premises. A lamp here would also benefit the youth club entrance. It was agreed that Cllr James would contact the county with regard to installing relevant ducting whilst the safe route in communities project was being undertaken and to request that the existing lamps be possibly upgraded to something brighter.
Signed______________________________________________________________ Date__________________ Minutes Ref:30 Page 3 Footpaths & Maintenance/Llwybrau Troed a Chynnal a Chadw (25) Need to consider obtaining quotes for the grass cutting at Parcllyn for consideration in line with next years budget.
(26) Community Council Brush Cutting Grants – 2011. This needs completing and submitting. Clerk to contact Gareth Owen to discuss.
(27) The Playground Inspection Report has been received and all risks identified were low risk and routine maintenance. Signs need to be purchased.
Emergency Plan Committee/Pwyllgor Cynllun Argyfwng (28) Email received via One Voice Wales from WAG regarding Community Resilience – Communities and individuals harnessing local resources to help themselves in an emergency, in a way that complements the response of the emergency services. Are requesting details of any existing initiatives to use as case studies and good practice examples; it was agreed that the clerk would provide details of the community council emergency plan.
Procedures Review Committee/Pwyllgor Adoygu Trefn - Community Welcome Audit/Archwiliad Croeso Cymuned Tidy Towns/Trefi Taclus Have not been able to plant any bulbs due to weather.
Have received litter pickers, hoops and gloves from Ceredigion County Council to the value of £180.
Food Co-operative Report/Adroddiad y Pwyllgor Bwyd Cydweithrol (29) Cllr Jann Tucker reported that Elin Jones Am had attended the co-operative and found the service very beneficial to the community. Mr Nick Oakes of the county council had brought some biodegradable bags which will be offered for sale at the co-operative. Cllr Gethin James agreed to support the initial purchase of bags from his Chairmans allowance.
It was agreed to write to the village hall committee to ask if a filing cabinet for storage could be located on the premises.
Chairmans Report/Adroddiad y Cadeirydd (30) Cllr Gethin James reported that he had been to the RAFA carol service which had been very well attended. Cllr Helen Green had opened a very successful Ysgol Feithrin xmas fete.
Committee Representative Reports/Adroddiadau Cynrychioliadol y Pwyllgor (31) The historical book of Blaenporth School was successfully launched at the school. Cllr Gwynfor Harries reported that the book was to be recommended. Cllr June Allen expressed her disappointment that it had not been produced bilingually.
Correspondence/Gohebiaeth (32) Notice from Dyfed Powys Police Conclusion of Audit Grant request from The Stroke Assoc Grant request from British Heart Foundation Grant request from Macmillan Information from Glasdon Email: Official request from Cllr Mair Morris, Cardigan for permission to wear chain of office to RAFA service Notification of change of date for Community Asset Transfer briefing at Llandudno to 12th January Information from Play Wales Correspondence was noted.
6. Review Diary Adolygu Dyddiadur 7. Notified Business Busnes a rag-hysbyswyd (33) Cllr Anne McCreary requested that the community council consider buying stones to refill the area around the memorial statue at the cemetery. Clerk to obtain sample of stone and arrange a price for the work.
Signed____________________________________________________________ Date____________________ Minutes Ref:31 Page 4 (34) Cllr Helen Green suggested that the community council consider organising an event to mark the Royal wedding. Clerk to contact the ladies fundraising committee to make initial enquiries with them about any ideas or events they plan to organise.
(35) Cllr Anne McCreary noted that the pensioners xmas dinner had been a wonderful afternoon and thanked the clerk for her work in organising it.
(36) Cllr Gwynfor Harries raised concerns with Cllr James about the sewerage treatment works; Cllr James to contact Ceredigion County Council.
8. Emergency Any Other Business Unrhyw Faterion Brys Arall 9. Date of next meeting Dyddiad y Cyfarfod Nesaf (37) Tuesday 11th January 2011 at 6:30pm (38) There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8:15pm Signed__________________________________________ Date________________ Minutes Ref:32